Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Daily report

This morning, I did not get up alone. Chris said last night he was going to get up with me and he actually did it. AND he left the house before I did! So I got to work about 6 and got my day started. You know, I have such a fun job! We have such a great time at work. I love bringing it up a notch and challenging people to go above and beyond what they think their limits are. Most of the time, they are wrong! I love handing them a weight that they would never pick up on their own and watch their expressions say things like, "You want me to do what with this?". I just tell them, "You can do this! You just don't know it yet". And you know what? They do it. And they smile and look so proud. I love my job! Both of them...
On the massage front, I have a very loyal client who I've been working with on a weekly basis for about 4 years. He is a very unique doctor who believes in educating his patients and refuses to wear a white coat. He emails his patients a copy of their consult and encourages them to ask questions. He told me that if a doctor acts annoyed when asked questions you need to find a new one. Well, he has a very good friend he has known since he was 12 who called and emailed me this evening. I don't know this friend, but he lives in Montreal - yup that would be Quebec. I called him back and spoke to him for the first time. Really nice guy who tells me in his very French accent that my client tells him that his massage is the best part of his week! Wow, it just floors me to find out that such a brilliant man looks so forward to coming to see me for one little hour! He informs me that he would like to purchase some massages for my client and he wants it to be a surprise. I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3. He proceeds to tell me he would like to pay for 10! Now that's a good friend! Of course I thank him profusely and give him my address. He did find it quite amusing that I refer to him (my client) as Dr. ________. In fact I could say with confidence that he chuckled.
I swam a little today. I told Liz that my arms felt like lead-filled rubber and my shoulders were screaming, but it's all part of the experience. Right? This is going to be a long road, but as long as I'm moving forward, that's all that matters! Besides, it was just a few drills, not 2800 yards!
One of my clients sent an email to me telling she had read my blog and she said she could relate to the lack of confidence. She said she felt like she has the knowledge, but didn't quite find the edge to push herself. It is this kind of feedback that inspires me to blog. It's a great way to get your thoughts out there and maybe there will be just one person who can relate or be inspired by something you've said or done. It's such a small world and really deep down we are all the same - we want to be happy, loved, accepted and succeed. Not that I'm trying to get deep here, because really who has time for that anymore? But it is all so human and normal to feel that way. Anyone who tells you that they don't feel that way, you should be suspicious - probably a pod person, so watch your back!
Well, I'm tired and it's late (for me) so I'm going to hit the hay.

No comments: