Saturday, February 21, 2009

Get out your mats!

Some days you just don't have the motivation to do, well...a damn thing. Today was one of those days. It was raining and gray I just wanted to sleep! However, the 1/2 marathon is upon me and I had to get out and get one last big run in and there was noooooo way I was doing it on the treadmill. I got my grocery store visit done and started working on my clients' programs for the upcoming week and the 'Sleepy Monster' started nipping at my ankles and eventually just sunk his teeth into my skull. I had to take a nap. Of course, Chris was excited about this because he is the nap king! He's spent years perfecting his napping skills and I believe he even has a sponsor and agent. So a 45 min. nap was had and I felt much better after. I think that if everyone in the whole world took a nap everyday, we would be more happy and productive. I think in America we have it backwards. We force children with enough energy to send 10 space shuttles up to take a daily nap and think that overworked adults who take 5 min. to themselves to cram a sandwich down their throats are lazy. What's up with that? Okay, I'm done with that, but I'm just sayin'...



Ran today for 1 hr. 45 min.

30 minutes easy build from zone 1 to zone 2. (zone 1 is 0-135, zone 2 is 136-145)

Then do 40 minutes steady in zone 2.

Then, 4 x 3 minutes in zone 3 followed by 2 minutes very easy. (zone 3 is 146-152)

Cool down 15 minutes very easy.



I got a total of 11.51 miles at an average pace of 9:07. I did see some zone 4 in there and believe it or not, I felt very comfortable there. I think I had sort of a euphoria going on with all the endorphins. I was also supposed to spin easy for 20 min. after the run, but instead I opted for 15 min. of stretching and a 7 min. ice bath. I'm still having trouble with my supplementation during activity. The gels are too gooey and the all the other things are too sweet and gummy. What's a girl to do? Suggestions are welcome!

No comments: