Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's a wonderful life!

Just a quick hit (as Geo calls them). I found out today that a client of mine, that has been battling cancer since last Sept., had her cancer spread to her spine, lungs and hips. Back in Oct. she had a 2 1/2 lb. encapsulated tumor removed along with one of her kidneys. She had a tumor wrapped around her first rib that is about 1/2 the size it was because of radiation. She is on a pain pump and will start radiation next week.

I HAVE AN AWESOME LIFE!!!!!!

On the training front I did drills on the trainer today due to time constraints. An hour ride:
10 min. easy warm-up
5 x 1 min. @ 60 rpms (moderate), 1 min. easy

Mainset:
5x (2 min. @ 70 rpms, 1 min. @ 60 rpms, 1 min. standing @ 60 rpms, 2 min. easy @ 100 rpms)

I was to keep my HR in Zone 2 throughout the mainset and cool down 10 min.

Jump off trainer and onto treadmill for 20 min. steady HR in Zone 2.

I felt great and the best part is no hip pain!!!!! Yes, after about 6 weeks of massage, acupuncture and chiropractic I'm getting back to good.

Did I mention that:

I HAVE AN AWESOME LIFE?!

No comments: