Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taken, hill repeats and Sharkies.

Another Sunday has come and gone, but it was a good one. I got my weekly Target visit in, most of the laundry done, my workout in and we went to see the movie Taken. OMG! Talk about I.N.T.E.N.S.E.!!!! That movie rawked! If you like a good action flick GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Can you tell I'm excited?! The exclamation points should give it away! Seriously, we completely lost ourselves in this movie. We forgot which direction the bathrooms were in when we came out. Totally worth it.

About the only thing I didn't get done today was making some stuff for dinner this week, but I have some stuff in the freezer. So, itsallgood! The workout was tough today - interval hill repeat cycling, but I got to wave at lots of friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Here's the workout:

Warm up:
20 minutes easy spin5 x 1 minute moderate, 3 minutes easy
Mainset:
Find a hill that takes about 2 - 5 minutes to climb.
Climb it seated with HR in zone 2.
Once at the top, ride 5 minutes steady in zone 3.
Then ride 10 minutes very easy.
Do this 4x.

Well, let me just say that I haven't done hill repeats in a few months and my buttocks are letting me know it (already!). I'm sure my adductors and ITB will be letting me know by the morning as well. I did happen to try some new thing for nutrition today. They are called Sharkies and really geared toward kids sports nutrition. But I mean, hey, aren't we all just kids when we get on our bikes? Sharkies don't have any high fructose corn syrup. Yup just plain old sugar. They were really easy to eat and pretty tasty. Easy on the tummy too! So if you are looking for something a little more "natural" and simple than you should try these.

I've still got a little work to do, tomorrow is Monday and I have to be up before the chickens.

No comments: